So, I had an idea for some shots I wanted to make on my table top set up, so I went shopping for supplies. A trip to Home Depot yielded 1 marble tile and 1 slate tile for the shoot. Then I went to Sprouts and picked up a couple subjects, onions, garlic, and a couple pasilla peppers. I don't have the reciepts but it was like $8 for all of that stuff.
Yesterday was a rare rainy day in San Diego, so it seemed like a good day to set up and play with lights. Each subject called for a different light modifier. Tha garlic got a stip box, but when I tried it on the onion it didn't look right. SO I swapped out to my 47" Octabox. That worked nicely on the onion, but wasn't QUITE right for the peppers. Luckily I was able to get what I wanted by just popping in a grid on the Octabox!
So, here are the results!